there’s a new Super Tux Party release in town!
We’ve been working a lot on graphics in this release. We’ve added cel-shading, to get a more cartoony style.
Not cel shaded
As you can see, we’ve also changed our board fields to a hexagonal shape and added new textures that fit our cartoony theme.
But better graphics are not the only thing that’s coming in this release. We’ve got a new minigame called Memory. This is a 2v2 minigame where you and your partner need to find matching card pairs. The team that finds the most of them wins.
We’ve recruited a host for the boards.
Welcome the official hostess for Super Tux Party, Sara, the OpenGameArt mascot:
She will be happy to show you around the board and explain the rules if you’re not already familiar with them.
At last, I want to thank our kind translators. Thanks to their effort, we’ve got translations for three new languages: Norwegian Bokmål, Russian and Turkish 🎉
If you want to see Super Tux Party translated to your language, then lend us a hand on Hosted Weblate
That’s it for now.
See you next release!
- Screenshot key (Default: F2)
- Show licenses for shaders in the credits screen
- New 2v2 minigame: Memory
- Find matching card pairs!
- Added Sarah as the boards' host
- Gives tutorial on the first start, explaining the basic mechanics
- Announces what happens on the board (e.g. the cake is bought and moves to another space)
- Translation progress from our project on Hosted Weblate
- Added Translation for Norwegian Bokmål (98% complete) to the game
- Added Translation for Russian (100% complete) to the game
- Added Translation for Turkish (100% complete) to the game
Improved / Changed
- Lots of visual improvements
- New Harvest Food minigame background
- Added furniture to Haunted Dreams minigame
- Added a bowling alley theme to the Bowling minigame
- Boxes fall from the sky, stunning players hit, while also blocking the bowling ball
- Easier movement controls for the solo player
- Better and gamepad type agnostic control icons
- Cell shaded everything
- Hexagon board fields
- New character splash art
- Floating fields on the KDEValley board have been fixed
- Better Shop UI
- Reorganized the control mapping menu
- Makes it easier to navigate the options with a gamepad
- Fixed a bug that caused newly added human players to become AI players after leaving and starting a new game
- The randomization algorithms avoids playing the same minigame multiple times in a row
- Doesn’t work between sessions
- The main menu music now starts to play after the audio volume options are loaded